Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My "new" mirror

On Saturday we went to Woodville and stopped by Grandma Joyce's house to say hello. Somehow or other Morgan left her garage with this...ahem...."vintage mirror.
Now nothing against Grandma Joyce's taste, but I wasn't really feeling this mirror. I just didn't know what we were going to do with it. But, thanks to all the craft blogs I've been following lately an idea struck me for our nursery. So Morgan taped up and covered the mirror and we set to work.
We went to Wal-mart and bought some spray primer for white and some flat white spray paint.
Once we were ready to go, Morgan started applying the primer. Don't worry, I was far away from any paint fumes. Our neighbors recently moved so I went over to their yard and took some pics of their pretty tree.


So after Morgan had applied the primer he let it dry for awhile. Poor guy instead of taking a break he went in and started working on the second coat of paint for the nursery. After working in the nursery for awhile he went back outside and put on the spray paint. Let me tell you it turned out PERFECT!!

So here is the finished product. I still need to clean the mirror really well before hanging it up, but I had to get a picture right away.

I really love how the white just pops out against the lavender walls. I'd almost be inclined to think I got this mirror from Pottery Barn. Okay maybe not, but I'm still proud of our work and think it makes a lovely addition to our very girly room!

I plan on posting more pics of the girls nursery now that the walls are sufficiently painted and we're getting ready to put furniture in its place.

1 comment: