Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another Nursery Project

So it's pretty popular now to have a baby's name above their crib. Something cute that goes with the theme of the room. Well I didn't want my baby girls to be any different. So I thought about what I wanted to do and made a run to Michaels. We picked up some 9" letters that happened to be white.

Here are the letters for Rose,

and Kate!
We looked at several types of letters they had there, but these white ones where the only ones the size I wanted. I took probably too long walking back and forth trying to decide. The white ones were a little pricier, but just what I wanted. Then I was struck by a brilliant idea. Instead of buying fabric for Mod Podge, how about...
Just some pink spray paint and white yard sale stickers, about 3/4 inch in diameter. We're making pock a dots! I found this paint at Wal-mart and loved the color. Not to babyfied so they can keep the letters for awhile. I think it was called Watermelon.


So step one was to put the white stickers randomly on the letters. I did this part because bless his heart, Morgan is too OCD to adhere to randomness. Also I can't get near the spray paint so this is the only real job I could do.


Step two, Morgan taped up the sides. This wasn't necessary but we liked the idea of the sides remaining white while the top was painted.



Step three, after everything is taped up Morgan took the letters to the garage to apply the spray paint. We didn't mess with any primer. I didn't get a picture of the next step.

Step four was to peel the tape off the sides and carefully peel the stickers off the front. I think Morgan used a razor blade to start the stickers. I didn't watch because I was too nervous something would be messed up. I also enjoyed the anticipation of waiting to see the finished project.



Ta-Da!! Here is the one for Rose. I love how simple it looks and the pink really blends well with the lavender walls.

And here is Kate's. Oh the letters had holes to hang them from on the back. This was another Morgan job because I'm not really known for hanging things up straight. Also I have a giant belly that gets between me and the wall.

And here is what they both look like. I have some more things to get done in the nursery but more things are finished then need to get done! Less then 6 weeks till we have two baby girls to enjoy this room!!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it in person on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so cute Liz!! Y'all did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these!
    Praying the next few weeks go well for you guys!
    Cant wait to see pics of your lil ladies!

    ReplyDelete