Monday, March 7, 2011

Ramblings

Last Thursday my good friend Kara had her sweet little boy, Egan. We went and saw mom, dad, and baby that night. On the way there I made Morgan stop to get some flowers. I really did want to give Kara some flowers, but Morgan also realized that I didn't want to go into the Women's Center of the hospital having people think I was there to deliver! It was great to hold this brand new baby boy and feel my little girls kicking in my own belly (jealous of mommy holding another baby, perhaps?)

Anyway, after we left I started my own little mental freak out realizing our girls will be here in less then 2 months! There is so much to do, so much left to get, and so much to learn in a very short amount of time. I've been having to remind myself everyday to not worry. Ususally I'm not a worrier, but being pregnant has changed that.

I worry about their delivery - A cesearen isn't guarenteed but it is a higher chance. I keep talking to them everyday asking them if they could please go ahead and get head down for mommy. I also want them to bake as long as they can so we don't have to have any NICU time. But I'm thankful that our hospital has that facility if we need it.

I worry about bringing them home and figuring out what to do with them all day. I know babies have to have schedules, but do they determine it or me? There is so much I don't know about raising and caring for infants, and I know I'll learn, but it's scary to realize two little humans will be realing on me to care for them!

I worry about feeding them. I really want to be able to nurse my babies, but how do you feed two babies? Will I be topless for the first 6 months of their lives? Will my body produce enough milk to feed 2 kids? Will I even be able to do it?

I worry about our finances. Right now we are really not sure what we are going to do. I've always had the desire to be a stay at home mom. I've always assumed that's what I would do when I had babies. But we live in very hard times now. If I were to leave my job that would be great financially difficulty for us. If I were to go back to work, we'd be paying a fortune in childcare and I'd be heartbroken everyday leaving my two sweet babies. This is probably the number one worry I struggle with the most. I catch myself crying on a daily basis not knowing what the future holds. What I do know is that God has a plan, He's just waiting a little longer to show us what it is. I prayed daily after loosing our other babies that God would send us a child and He sent us 2! I trust that He will provide a way for me to stay home and raise our children. I just have to be patient and wait on His timing.

So, during your busy day, if you happen to think about it, pray for me. Pray that God would calm my nerves. Easy my worry. Let me know He's in control. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to motherhood - always something to worry about, and so it begins......Praying for you and those sweet girls. Praying God will make a way for you be able to stay home with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't heard of the book, "On Becoming Baby Wise" by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam, you have to read it! Katie and I both read it and found it extremely helpful with putting our babies on napping and feeding schedules, which results in them successfully sleeping through the night. They even have a section in the book for doing it with multiples which would be helpful for you. Here's the link to the book at Walmart.com. You could also get it through Amazon, Target, or pretty much any bookstore.

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/5243045?sourceid=1500000000000003260340&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5243045

    Hope this helps! Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you will mess up, you will not know everything and you may even drop your 5 day old baby on the floor in Family Dollar, but babies are pretty forgiving and they won't hold it against you! they only do taht when they become teenagers! :) I have a feeling God is going to let you be a SAHM, and that He will meet every big and little need. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have just beautifully spoken the words of mothers everywhere. As I was reading your blog, all those feeling of twenty-four years ago came rushing back to me. All the worries, money, nursing, scheduling, fatigue... My grandma always said, "Where there is a will there is a way". If its God's will for you to be at home, He will make a way. Greg and I took a 75% pay cut of an already very modest salary when Andy was born. There are so many ways to supplement your income from home in need be. I kept children in my home...even Morgan for a short while. The two of you will be wonderful parents! And know that you have a loving support system all around you. You don't have to be a superwoman. I am so excited for you and I am only a phone call away, anytime! Love you both, Aunt Susie

    ReplyDelete