Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Fun ?

Summer in Florida = HOT!! This I already know. I've been in Florida for 5 years now and like to think I've acclimated myself to the 90 and 100 degree heat. What I was not prepared for was living in the heat with no A/C. Our air went out 2 weeks ago tomorrow and we have been so uncomfortable. Here's some things I've learned about not having air.

1. It makes you really close to friends and family. As in you are always searching for someone you can "visit."

2. Wal-mart never looked so good. Seriously I could spend all evening in there. And that's definitly because of the free air, because I hate Wal-mart. The downfall to this is that going to Wal-mart leads to spending money :(

3. Cooking is a joy of mine, but not when there is no A/C. I was cooking dinner the other night and thought my head was going to explode!

4. No A/C leads to fights. Morgan and I argue from time to time, but nothing to terrible. But since our A/C died everything is a potential fight or freakout. I guess that's what happens when you live in a pressure cooker.

5. Kitty cats are so fun to snuggle...unless it's hot. I rarely push away my kitties, but when Murphycat jumped on the bed last night I thought I was going to send him across the room. I know they're ready for the air to be fixed too.

So hopefully by next week I can take all the lessons I've learned and use them to really appreciate some bought air!

No comments:

Post a Comment