Thursday, July 1, 2010

An era is over

So when I was 23 and single I just had to have a jeep. I had plenty of money saved up to make a pretty good down payment. So I did some searching and found a pretty white Jeep 2006 with a black soft top. If you ever watched Dukes of Hazzard it reminded me of Daisey's Jeep. Anyway, me and that Jeep had some good times together. Then I got married and my Jeep became our Jeep became a pretty hefty bill to pay each month.
When we bought our house we decided we needed to think about selling the Jeep. The truth is it's not practical for us. It gets terrible gas mileage, and there is no room for anything but yourself and a couple of passengers. So we found some people from NC who happen to know my sister Kathy that were looking for a Jeep to buy for their son turning 16. The guy is a Colonel in the Army just getting back from Afghanistan, and owned a Jeep back in the 80s. It's a relief for us to be selling to someone we trust. And I know that 16 year old kid (and dad) will so enjoy the Jeep more than us. We'll miss it, but it's going to a good home. As for us, we will be carpooling since our air decided to go out this weekend :(

No comments:

Post a Comment