Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Object of my Affection








This is it. The ultimate camera. The Nikon D90 is my new obsession. Okay, so I don't own it yet, but I'm taking the steps toward saving up for it. This camera has it all. 12.3 MP, continues shooting at 4.5 frames per second, awesome ISO sensitivity, and a lot of other features that blow my Kodak out of the water. Four years ago I bought what I thought was a nice camera only to see that it was just a big camera. The flash is terrible, Pictures turn out blurry, and overall just a piece of junk!



Unfortunately, it cost a pretty penny. Last year we saved for about 6 months to get Morgan his guitar.


So this year we decided to save up for something else, something for me (although Morgan will definitly be using it). Now I'm now expert photographer. I'm amature at best, but it's my plan to take some classes and really understand what it takes to be a good photographer.
I think I come by it naturally. I can remember my Mom talking about her Dad loving to take pictures. Maybe even winning prizes. I don't remember my Grandpa Hunt, but I can tell his granddaughters took after him. My sister's and myself have always loved to take pictures. Even my 17 year old niece Leslie is getting to be great! So hopefully a year from now I can own the Nikon D90 and start on my path to be the next Ansel Adams!

2 comments:

  1. How much is this pretty little camera? And... I thought you were saving up for surround sound?! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice :) I'm excited for you! Having big cameras are nice - I love my cannon, but I'm very much excited for iPhone 4's 5MP to come out. I will finally have a decent point and shoot camera without lugging around my DSLR!

    ReplyDelete