Monday, July 11, 2011

What's going on with us

The days are flying by and if I don't stop and write it all down I'll forget what's going on. The girls are 2 months old and changing everyday! They had their first Forth of July! We helped our church hand out water bottles for a local 4th event. Ok really Morgan helped and I sat with the girls who were there to be cute.

That night we went to Pastor Don's house for some dinner with other friends from church. We had so much fun. Now that we are boring parents we don't get to see our friends, so it was really great to be able to spend some time hanging out with them and getting to know some new people. After dinner was fireworks.


Before the show. The girls did great!

The girls are beginning to spend a lot more time awake these days. I'm having a little trouble figuring out what to do with babies that can't sit up or really play yet, but we're figuring it out. I have some of those Bumbo seats and they just now can sit in them and watch me. We have a game that they sit on one side of the living room and Momma rolls a toy giraffe on wheels to them. They watch that giraffe intently.

My Kate girl in her purple Bumbo

Rosie looking thrilled.

Their thinking "Mom aren't you suppose to be playing not taking pictures.

The biggest things for me happened just yesterday. I left them in the nursery at church for the first time. I would love to tell you all about the sermon I heard, but I was hoping the whole service that my children wouldn't forget who their momma was.

Then to top it off last night was the first night they slept in their crib. They slept all the way from 9:30 to 5:30. A new record. This momma is not so sure how she feels about all this change....except for the more sleep. Love the more sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment