Monday, July 18, 2011

The Thumb

I'm not sure when I started sucking my thumb, but I was 10 years old before I broke the habit. When I was 5 I had an old nightgown that belong to my mom. It was really soft and I called it my gun-gun, don't ask me why, I have no idea. Then the gown disappeared only to be followed with a soft pillowcase. If I got really desperate I would tickle my face with my hair. I'm not sure how I stopped either, but thankfully I did.

Morgan has told me he was not a thumb sucker or a paci user. When we brought the girls home from the hospital I was absolutely against them using pacis. Yeah, that lasted about a week :) But last week I noticed that Kate would take a paci, spit it out, and try to shove her fist in her mouth. Now the girls don't really know they have hands yet. They are starting to grab things that happen to get close to their fist, but the realization that they can control those tiny hands hasn't set in yet. You can really tell that Kate wants the thumb, or finger who knows, but they are staying to close together. I told Morgan it is only a matter of time...it's in her blood. Then yesterday we saw Rose doing the same fist sucking move. Great!! Now I'm going to have two thumb suckers?!? I'm not sure which way to lean, but when they get to be 1 or 2 I can take the paci away. I'll keep you posted on our thumbsucking or not ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment