Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting in Gear

Ok it will be 3 months next week since I had the girls, and I've got about 12 pounds I need to lose in order to be back into pre pregnancy weight. Having twins does a number on your body. I was very proud because I only gained the 40 pounds recommended in a twin pregnancy. I read a lot of stories of women gaining much more when pregnant with twins.

So my goal for the next few months is to get back down to where I was if not even lighter. Another goal is to get back into my jeans comfortably. To do that I've been getting taking the girls on a walk every morning. I walk for about 30 minutes. It's not a really brisk walk because of the heat but it's not a stroll either. In the afternoon while the girls are taking their long nap I've started doing a workout from the p90x series that my pirate brother in law made for me. Those workouts kick my butt. Sometimes I just have to look at the tv and laugh, but I'm getting there. Then most nights I'm trying to run at least 2 miles. My goal is to get to 3 miles by Sept and run the Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving...in 30 minutes or less.

It really feels good to be back running, but 9 months of not running really sets you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment