Saturday, April 16, 2011

Countdown

I decided this week it was time for a countdown. I have loved being pregnant I really have. Some of my favorite things have been
1.Feeling my girls move and being able to see my belly roll around like crazy.
2. Getting the sweet encouragement from complete strangers whenever I'm out and about.
3. Getting spoiled by my sweet husband, family, and friends.

But I've reached that point. If you've had a baby you know what point I mean. I'm done. I just feel like I've got this giant growth on the front of my body that prevents me from doing easy task. I feel tired just from putting dishes in the cabinet. I miss sleeping through the night on my tummy.

Enough complaining, nobody likes to hear that. So I'm 34 weeks and in twin pregnancy my doctor has told me I won't go past 38 weeks. Since my weeks start on Tuesdays that means I have just a little over 3 weeks left!! 38 weeks for me would mean I will have 2 babies by May 10 at least.

We are still hoping to have a regular labor and delivery, but Baby B decided to move sideways again. We go again on Monday and I'm hoping to see her little head down, but if not I'm ok with having to have a c-section. Whatever gets my babies here the safest way possible. I'm nervous because I've never really had any surgery before, but I know it's so routine now that there is not much to worry about. Even still I'd much rather be able to deliver my babies without a section.

So what's left to do before our lil ladies come into our world? Actually not that much. We've been so blessed by family and friends We've been able to get our cribs, car seats, stroller, high chairs, bouncy seats, breast pump and mattresses as gifts. Not to mention the countless diapers, sheets, cute outfits and tons of other misc gifts. Each one has meant so much to us. I've got my eye on a special nursing pillow by My Brest Friend that is made for twins. We need to pick up a baby swing, and just a few little things here and there. There will probably be things that come up, but all the "big" items are taken care of for now.

So this week I'm focusing on starting to pack our hospital bags, just in case. We might also put in the car seats so that can be taken care of. Ok think my ramblings are over for now. Time to eat some chicken wings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment