Thursday, June 30, 2011

It Just Comes Naturally

Today my babies are 2 months old. I look at their newborn pictures then look at their chubby faces now and can't believe those are the same little girls that changed my life just 2 months ago. Today was their 2 month checkup at the doctor's office. The last time the were there they were 2 weeks old, swimming in there clothes and scrawny at a little over 5 lbs apiece. Today they weighed in both over 10 lbs.

It's funny, I've always heard moms talk about how hard it was when their babies got shots. I just always laughed it off, how hard could it be? HARD!!! As soon as they stuck little Rose my eyes couldn't hold back a few tears. And then unlike a lot of moms I had to go through it again when Kate got stuck.

I learned something in that little office. Those little girls know I'm there mom and they love me more than anyone else in this world. No one had to tell them or teach them, they just know. It's a love so complete and trusting. And it just come naturally to them. I love Morgan with everything in me, but sometimes I doubt him or get mad at him. These girls just know to love me and trust that I'll care for them. Don't they know I wake up every morning scared I'm going to mess up. Don't they know I worry about making it on one income? Nope they just know I'm momma and that means I'm the one that makes them calm. One day they will roll their eyes at me when I make them change their shirt, or they'll get mad when I say they have to wait one more year to wear makeup. But for now I'll enjoy those little girls and their unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment