Thursday, June 17, 2010

YMCA

I use to be a member at Gold's Gym. I went there for over a year and really saw some changes. But in order to save some money I canceled my membership. To tell the truth I really don't like running on the treadmill. 30 minutes drag by. The only good thing I found from using the treadmill was that I could make myself run faster. So then I started running with my friends Kara and Jackie and also map out a route in my neighborhood to do by myself. I love running outside. It goes by fast and there is more variety. We also were able to buy a Bowflex off of Craigslist, and yes we use it, it's just not as much fun as the gym.
So last week my mother in law told me she added my name to her YMCA account. Awesome!! I have the absolute best mother in law. Morgan and I stopped by on Tuesday and picked up our cards and took a tour of the gym. Then Wednesday we went and worked out after work. It was great. Okay not the running on the treadmill part, but all the equipment there is great. Something about the atmosphere of the gym makes me forget I'm working out. But then I'm reminded when I wake up the next morning :)
Our plan is to go every Tuesday and Wednesday together. That way I still get to run with the girls on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. Hopefully will have fun at the Y-M-C-A!!

No comments:

Post a Comment