Sunday, November 14, 2010

Double the Fun

So if you were at our church this morning this blog is a repeat of what I said, but I hope you still take a little time to read it. A lot of you reading this will probably remember about our miscarriage in April. I've written about it a couple of times. After we had our loss it took a while for me to grieve and recover from our loss. It seemed that every time I got on Facebook, someone else was announcing their pregnancy. I dealt a lot with jealousy and doubt. It got to a point that I was so focused on us getting pregnant again that each month I got more and more down. Morgan basically had to stop me one day and just say "Liz, relax! It will happen when God wants it to happen. Enjoy this time we have together." I listened to him, and also started getting into the Scripture.

Each morning I would read and pray. I began praying to get pregnant, but then I started praying that I could just see what God wanted from our life. I started to feel closer to God than I have in a long time. When I would spend that time with Him I would start to feel Him speak to me saying to just trust Him and He would work it out for us.

Not much longer it seemed We finally got our positive pregnancy test. I was excited, but scared at the same time. You see what a lot of you don't know is that we had a first miscarriage in December, after only a week of knowing we were pregnant. So I was really worried about having a third miscarriage. But we made it to 8 weeks when we had our first ultrasound.

Now this is where I find God kind of having a little fun with us. You see the tech started the ultrasound and said "Oh I see two flickering heartbeats, looks like twins!" I sat up and pretty much said WHAT! Morgan was just chuckling in the corner. Total surprise, but total blessing. As we left the office and were trying to wrap our brain around twins, Morgan summed it up perfectly. He said, "Liz, you know I think God remembered how much we hurt from our losses and so He is giving us two babies!" We are so excited. Very nervous but can't wait! We are due in May, and I'll be 13 weeks on Tuesday. So far I've had a very easy pregnancy. I just hope it stays going so well. I'll try to post more on my blog to keep you updated on our progress.

2 comments:

  1. We're really happy for you guys. God is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, so happy to hear about the coming babies. I'm visiting with Stephanie & she read your blog to me yesterday. I have often thought of you & your parents. Please tell them we said "hello" Love, Terry Manus

    ReplyDelete